Re: BUG #13589: content error - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: BUG #13589: content error
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 10:19 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> As mentioned upthread, constructive criticism in the form of a patch
> might serve to move the discussion forward.

Here is a patch showing around 45 suggested changes to get the ball
rolling.  Mostly "he or she", but sometimes other wording, and in one
case I took a few liberties and introduced <literal>name</> to stand
in for database objects instead of pronouns which I hope doesn't read
too clumsily or change the meaning.  I didn't cover the release notes.

A big +1 from me for changing this (unintentionally) unwelcoming
language generally, whatever the new wording.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment