Re: BUG #15475: Views over CITEXT columns return no data - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: BUG #15475: Views over CITEXT columns return no data
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 2:07 PM Andrew Gierth
<andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:
>  Paul> Hi Andrew,
>  Paul> Bingo, set enable_parallel_hash=false; gets a correct result
>  Paul> whereas set enable_parallel_hash=true; gets 0.
>
>  Paul> Yes I might have reversed some of the explains, my excuse its
>  Paul> Friday and I went to bed late and am burnt out today :-)
>
> Are all the values of the my_citext column actually null?

Thanks for the report Paul and the analysis Andrew.  Discussed with
Andrew a bit on IRC.  Summary: multi-batch left joins are not handling
NULLs correctly in the left table when partitioning.  Looking into
this now.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com