Re: GRANT USAGE ON SEQUENCE missing from psql command completion - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: GRANT USAGE ON SEQUENCE missing from psql command completion
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 3:20 PM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 12:10 PM, Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 2:54 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Versions tested: 9.4.4, 9.5a2
>
> Steps to reproduce:
>
> 1. psql to a database with sequences
>
> 2. type "grant usage on " and hit tab
>
> 3. "sequence" does not appear
>
> 4. type "grant usage on sequence " and hit tab
>
> 5. completes with word "to" which is incorrect.

Here's a patch for that.

Don't we want to add TABLE as well? That's the default with just ON but it seems useful to me to show up only a list of tables without all those keywords.

Agreed.  I noticed a couple more things:

1.  GRANT/REVOKE * ON DATABASE/SEQUENCE/TABLE/... * TO/FROM <tab> doesn't suggest roles, as it should.

2.  GRANT/REVOKE * ON ALL FUNCTIONS/SEQUENCES/TABLES IN SCHEMA ... isn't supported and might as well be.

New patch attached to address those.  I added this to the open commitfest.

--
Attachment