[HACKERS] Aggregates and row types - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject [HACKERS] Aggregates and row types
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Is is expected that the first query below can be analysed and planned,
but the second can't?

explain select x from (select row(42)) s(x);

explain select count(x) from (select row(42)) s(x);
ERROR:  record type has not been registered

That may be a strange thing to want to do, but it's something I
noticed and thought I'd ask about, when I was trying (and failing) to
find a query that would get transient types into a hash table in a
parallel worker for a test case yesterday.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com