Re: kqueue - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: kqueue
Date
Re: kqueue  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Re: kqueue  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 4:36 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> On 2016-04-22 20:39:27 +1200, Thomas Munro wrote:
>> While doing that I discovered that unpatched master doesn't actually
>> build on recent NetBSD systems because our static function strtoi
>> clashes with a non-standard libc function of the same name[1] declared
>> in inttypes.h.  Maybe we should rename it, like in the attached?
>
> Yuck. That's a new function they introduced? That code hasn't changed in
> a while....

Yes, according to the man page it appeared in NetBSD 7.0.  That was
released in September 2015, and our buildfarm has only NetBSD 5.x
systems.  I see that the maintainers of the NetBSD pg package deal
with this with a preprocessor kludge:

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/databases/postgresql95/patches/patch-src_backend_utils_adt_datetime.c?rev=1.1

What is the policy for that kind of thing -- do nothing until someone
cares enough about the platform to supply a buildfarm animal?

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com