Re: [HACKERS] transition table behavior with inheritance appearsbroken (was: Declarative partitioning - another take) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: [HACKERS] transition table behavior with inheritance appearsbroken (was: Declarative partitioning - another take)
Date
In response to Re: [HACKERS] transition table behavior with inheritance appearsbroken (was: Declarative partitioning - another take)  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com>)
Responses Re: [HACKERS] transition table behavior with inheritance appearsbroken (was: Declarative partitioning - another take)  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 8:29 AM, Thomas Munro
<thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 2:40 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 4:46 AM, Thomas Munro
>> <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

>>> Hmm.  Ok.  Are we talking about PG10 or PG11 here?  Does this approach
>>> makes sense?
>>
>> I was thinking PG10 if it can be done straightforwardly.
>
> Ok, I will draft a patch to do it the way I described and see what people think.

FYI I am still working on this and will post a draft patch to do this
(that is: make transition tables capture changes from children with
appropriate tuple conversion) in the next 24 hours.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com