Re: Fail to create PK or index for large table in Windows - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: Fail to create PK or index for large table in Windows
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 2:10 PM Thomas Munro
<thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/macdice/postgres/builds/20341645/artifacts
>
> I'm not sure how easy this will be to work with if you're used to one
> of those installers.  Hopefully all the libraries needed are present
> and you can just unzip it and run "initdb.exe -D pgdata",
> "postgres.exe -D pgdata" -- but I have no personal experience of
> PostgreSQL on Windows so I'm guessing here.  Pavel, if you have time
> to try testing the bug fix that was committed, that'd be great.  If it
> goes well, perhaps we could consider making bleeding edge builds
> available all the time.

A couple of people wrote to me off-list to say they'd like to test the
11 stable branch, not the master branch, and would like a build.
Thanks for testing!  Presumably they might want to test against their
existing pgdata where they've seen the problem.  Fair enough -- but
please do use a *copy* of your pgdata directory, not your production
system, if it's a database you care about!  These builds are for
testing only, though the the stable 11 branch offers a preview of what
will probably ship in 11.2.

Here's the REL_11_STABLE branch built for Windows as of a couple minutes ago:

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/macdice/postgres/builds/20412803/artifacts

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com