Re: BUG #15460: Error while creating index or constraint - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: BUG #15460: Error while creating index or constraint
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 10:13 PM Thomas Munro
<thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 4:15 AM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> > > ERROR:  could not determine size of temporary file "0"
>
>                 filesize = BufFileSize(file);
>                 if (filesize < 0)
>                         ereport(ERROR,
>                                         (errcode_for_file_access(),
>                                          errmsg("could not determine
> size of temporary file \"%s\"", filename)));
>
> Ahh.  I think we may be overflowing a 32 bit off_t on this platform.

I think using pgoff_t would fix the problem on Windows, but on other
systems where it maps directly to off_t it might also be 32 bits, so
I'm not entirely sure what pgoff_t is for.  Perhaps we should just use
int64 directly for this?  Like in the attached draft patch.  I don't
have a Windows system to test it on.  A separate bug report that came
in today[1] has repro steps that could be used to validate it.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAHDGBJP_GsESbTt4P3FZA8kMUKuYxjg57XHF7NRBoKnR%3DCAR-g%40mail.gmail.com

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com