Re: BUG #14178: output of jsonb_object and json_object doesn't match textually - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: BUG #14178: output of jsonb_object and json_object doesn't match textually
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 6:54 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 3:48 PM, Thomas Munro
> <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 2:40 PM, Michael Paquier
>> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> That's a debatable point, and as any output is legal json it does not
>>> actually hurt one way or another. However, as json_object has been
>>> introduced at the same time as jsonb, I'd tend as well to think that
>>> consistency is a good idea if possible, see the patch attached.
>>
>> (It's a shame that json_build_object and json_object_agg also don't
>> agree on where to put whitespace...)
>
> Right, missed that, as well as json_object_two_arg.

One more difference is that json_object_agg uses "{ " and " }" while
the other functions use "{" and "}".

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com