Re: Avoiding Tablespace path collision for primary and standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: Avoiding Tablespace path collision for primary and standby
Date
Re: Avoiding Tablespace path collision for primary and standby  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 26, 2018 at 9:17 AM, Ashwin Agrawal <aagrawal@pivotal.io> wrote:
> To generate uniqueness for the path between primary and standby need to use
> something which is not represented within database. So will be random to
> some degree. Like one can use PORT number of postmaster. As only need to
> generate unique path while creating link during CREATE TABLESPACE.

I also wondered about this when trying to figure out how to write a
TAP test for recovery testing with tablespaces, for my undo proposal.
I was starting to wonder about either allowing relative paths or
supporting some kind of variable in the tablespace path that could
then be set differently in each cluster's .conf.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com