Re: Surviving connections after internet problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Durumdara
Subject Re: Surviving connections after internet problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Dear Laurenz!

Durumdara wrote:
> Linux server, 9.4 PG, Windows clients far-far away.
> May we must limit these parameters in clients after the starting of the connection?

Don't bother about the clients, just see that the backends go away on the server.

You can use pg_terminate_backend to kill a database session.

Setting the keepalive options in postgresql.conf can make PostgreSQL
discover dead connections more quickly.

The server is licenced, so we can't access the conf file now.
We will report this to the provider.

For that moment could we set these parameters from clients after the connection established?

For example:

set param bla = nnn?

Thank you!

Regards