[GENERAL] Restore LargeObjects on different server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Durumdara
Subject [GENERAL] Restore LargeObjects on different server
Date
List pgsql-general
Dear Members!

Because of upload/download progress we used LargeObjects to store some files in one of our database (and not bytea).

Only this database uses the OID-s of these files.

In the near future we must move to another server.
This new server is also working now, the moving of databases is continous, one by one.

The main problem that LargeObjects are stored in the system table(s). Same OIDs could links to different LargeObjects.

The old and new PGSQL server may have same OID values (160606 f. e.) with different content (LargeObject).
In old this is one of our file data, in the new this is a table's system definition.

Can we backup this database WITH OIDs, and restore it in new server without worrying of LargeObject overwriting?

Or how to migrate (move) this database with largeobjects in new to preserve the consistency of copied database and lobs, but preserve the existing OID/largeobject pairs in new server?

Thank you for the info/help!

Best regards
   dd