Table size - optimization - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From drum.lucas@gmail.com
Subject Table size - optimization
Date
List pgsql-admin
Feedlog is a central area where theres been a lot of data dumped together and the beast has grown.

Whats a better way to design the db table(s) for feedlog so we can get a very large performance gain.

Is there a way we can create a feedlog-history table or yearly tables eg feedlog-2014 and move old data out of the original table so its a kean fast table?

What code would need to change to deal with that?

Some data :

Size: 8 GB

relname      | relkind |  reltuples  | relpages
 feedlog        | r       | 6.60508e+07 |  9974857

Thanks,
Lucas