Re: New Slave - timeline ERROR - Mailing list pgsql-general

From drum.lucas@gmail.com
Subject Re: New Slave - timeline ERROR
Date
List pgsql-general
rsync -azr --progress --partial postgres@$MASTER_IP:/var/lib/postgresql/data/var/lib/postgresql/data/ --exclude postmaster.pid

Ah ok! So this will do an incrementa, right? not supposed to copy ALL the base/ again?

Lucas Possamai

On 10 January 2016 at 11:31, bricklen <bricklen@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 2:22 PM, drum.lucas@gmail.com <drum.lucas@gmail.com> wrote:
rsync would be something like:

from slave1:
rsync -av data/pg_xlog slave2:/var/lib/postgresql/data/

Normally I run something like the following from the slave I am setting up.

rsync -azr --progress --partial postgres@$MASTER_IP:/var/lib/postgresql/data /var/lib/postgresql/data/ --exclude postmaster.pid

I didn't unterstand why doing RSYNC twice... sorry

Unless the source db cluster you are rsync'ing from is stopped, there will be changes to data files replicated from the master. The second rsync might not be necessary given the WALs are shipping from the master to slave2.