Re: Connections - Postgres 9.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lucas Possamai
Subject Re: Connections - Postgres 9.2
Date
List pgsql-general

On 17 May 2016 at 22:24, Sridhar N Bamandlapally <sridhar.bn1@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

I control this way

if "state_change" is from longtime and "state" is idle then I use

function:
  pg_terminate_backend ( integer )  ==> return TRUE if killed-successful else FALSE

example:
# select pg_terminate_backend ( pid ) from pg_stat_activity where state='idle' and state_change < (current_timestamp - interval '1 hour');

may be helpful

NOTE: we come to decision to kill sessions in idle state more then "1 hour" after lot of discussion with application / implementation / stake-holders team

*removed history as thrown error due to mail length

Thanks
Sridhar
OpenText

Hi Sridhar!

Thanks for your help...

I also control the same way.. But was wondering if a pooler would bring me performance improvements...

cheers