Re: New Slave - timeline ERROR - Mailing list pgsql-general

From drum.lucas@gmail.com
Subject Re: New Slave - timeline ERROR
Date
List pgsql-general
rsync would be something like:

from slave1:
rsync -av data/pg_xlog slave2:/var/lib/postgresql/data/

Is that correct?

At this point I think your options are slim. If you are feeling adventurous, you can try doing the rsync with the slave running, then do a second rsync with the slave stopped or do it from the master after putting the master in backup mode (eg. executing "pg_start_backup('slave_backup')")

I didn't unterstand why doing RSYNC twice... sorry

Lucas

Lucas Possamai

I could stop the slave then.... But I'm afraid getting it back online and get some other errors