Re: plpythonu -> python3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Patrik Novotny
Subject Re: plpythonu -> python3
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 6:04 PM Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> wrote:
> How do other packagers handle that? Are you still supporting python2?
> Would it be ok to make plpythonu.control point at python3 in PG12 in
> Debian, even the upstream default is still python2?
Speaking for Fedora and RHEL, I'd say the best way to approach this from the
packager standpoint would be to simply stop building plpython2 for releases
without python2 support.

> Would it be ok to make plpythonu.control point at python3 in PG12 in
> Debian, even the upstream default is still python2?
IMHO, this should be done upstream. The reason for this would be to have
a uniform approach to this across distributions, and it is explained
in more detail
in some of the older threads of this list.

--
Patrik Novotný
Associate Software Engineer