Re: plpythonu -> python3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: plpythonu -> python3
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> writes:
>> As python2 is EOL very soon, I'd say that point is now, i.e. we should
>> make plpythonu.control point at plpython3u in PG13+.

> We're starting to work on that; it's not a trivial change.  Among other
> things, pg_pltemplate has got pointers at plpython2 as well.  See [1]
> for one preliminary step, and there are other discussions in the archives
> about things we could do to make this smoother.

Some of that prior discussion is here:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/5351890.TdMePpdHBD%40nb.usersys.redhat.com

One thing that'd be useful to do, perhaps, is polish up the conversion
script I posted in that thread, and make it available to users before
plpython2 disappears.  (As written, it needs both plpython versions
to be available ...)