Re: plpythonu -> python3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: plpythonu -> python3
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Re: Tom Lane 2019-11-07 <14186.1573147925@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> > And probably drop python2 support altogether.
>
> I think it'll be quite some time before that happens.  People who
> are still using ancient versions of Postgres are not likely to be
> impressed by arguments about how python2 is out of support.

Fwiw, I meant to suggest dropping python2 support in PG13+. (At the
moment there are some "interesting" scripts in src/pl/plpython that
convert the plpython2 things on the fly to be python3 compatible,
these could go away, simplifying some parts of the build system.)

Christoph