Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Shigeru Hanada
Subject Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Kaigai-san,

The v3 patch had conflict in src/backend/tcop/utility.c for newly
added IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA statement, but it was trivial.

> * System catalog name was changed to pg_custom_plan_provider;
>   that reflects role of the object being defined.

ISTM that doc/src/sgml/custom-plan.sgml should be also renamed to
custom-plan-provider.sgml.

> * Also, prefix of its variable names are changed to "cpp"; that
>   means custom-plan-provider.

A "custclass" remains in a comment in
src/include/catalog/pg_custom_plan_provider.h.

> * Syntax also reflects what the command does more. New syntax to
>   define custom plan provider is:
>     CREATE CUSTOM PLAN PROVIDER <cpp_name>
>       FOR <cpp_class> HANDLER <cpp_function>;
> * Add custom-plan.sgml to introduce interface functions defined
>   for path/plan/exec methods.
> * FinalizeCustomPlan() callback was simplified to support scan
>   (and join in the future) at the starting point. As long as
>   scan/join requirement, no need to control paramids bitmap in
>   arbitrary way.
> * Unnecessary forward declaration in relation.h and plannode.h
>   were removed, but a few structures still needs to have
>   forward declarations.
> * Fix typos being pointed out.

Check.  I found some typos and a wording "datatype" which is not used
in any other place. Please refer the attached patch.

--
Shigeru HANADA

Attachment