Re: Writable foreign tables: how to identify rows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Shigeru Hanada
Subject Re: Writable foreign tables: how to identify rows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> For postgres_fdw, that would really be enough, since it could just
> cause a "ctid" column to be created with the usual definition.  Then
> it could put the remote ctid into the usual t_self field in returned
> tuples.

I'm not sure whether postgres_fdw should support, but updatable views
have no system column including ctid.  So, we need magic identifier,
perhaps it would be set of primary key value(s), to support updating
remote updatable views via foreign tables.

Just a heads up.

--
Shigeru HANADA