Re: BUG #14294: Problem in generate series between dates - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Dean Rasheed
Subject Re: BUG #14294: Problem in generate series between dates
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 1 September 2016 at 00:39, Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:

>  >> Perhaps adding generate_series(date,date,interval) might work.
>
>  Dean> On second thoughts, that would change the return type of some
>  Dean> existing queries, which would be problematic.
>
> But as this bug report is showing, those existing queries are at best
> fragile and at worst silently wrong...

Hmm, maybe, but since this is timezone-dependent, the existing code
might be perfectly safe in the user's part of the world. I don't
really have a feel for how likely this is to break people's code, but
I think it's something we have to consider.

Regards,
Dean