Re: Some improvements to numeric sqrt() and ln() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dean Rasheed
Subject Re: Some improvements to numeric sqrt() and ln()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 4 Mar 2020 at 14:41, David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:

> Are these improvements targeted at PG13 or PG14?  This seems a pretty
> big change for the last CF of PG13.

Well of course that's not entirely up to me, but I was hoping to
commit it for PG13.

It's very well covered by a large number of regression tests in both
numeric.sql and numeric_big.sql, since nearly anything that calls
ln(), log() or pow() ends up going through sqrt_var(). Also, the
changes are local to functions in numeric.c, which makes them easy to
revert if something proves to be wrong.

Regards,
Dean