Re: patch: ALTER TABLE IF EXISTS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dean Rasheed
Subject Re: patch: ALTER TABLE IF EXISTS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 23 January 2012 20:14, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> 2012/1/23 Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>:
>> On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> jup, we can continue in enhancing step by step.
>>>
>>> I change a patch and now ALTER TABLE, ALTER INDEX, ALTER SEQUENCE and
>>> ALTER VIEW has IF EXISTS clause
>>
>> ALTER FOREIGN TABLE should be parallel as well, I think.
>>

> refreshed + ALTER FOREIGN TABLE IF EXISTS ... support

I just noticed this copy-and-paste error in the ALTER FOREIGN TABLE docs:

IF EXISTS:
     Do not throw an error if the sequence does not exist. A notice is issued     in this case.

That should be "foreign table" not "sequence".

Regards,
Dean