Re: overlapping strncpy/memcpy errors via valgrind - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: overlapping strncpy/memcpy errors via valgrind
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 17 February 2013 19:39, anarazel@anarazel.de <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> What patch are you talking about? I have no knowledge about any pending valgrind patches except one I made upstream
applyto make pg inside valgrind work on amd64.

Noah wrote a small patch, which he shared with me privately, which
added Valgrind hook macros to aset.c and mcxt.c. The resulting
Valgrind run threw up some things that were reported publicly [1]. I
documented much of his work on the wiki. I was under the impression
that this was the best way to get Valgrind to work with Postgres
(apparently there were problems with many false positives otherwise).

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20110312133224.GA7833@tornado.gateway.2wire.net

--
Regards,
Peter Geoghegan