Re: MySQL search query is not executing in Postgres DB - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: MySQL search query is not executing in Postgres DB
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 26 November 2012 00:24, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I remember this sort of thing un-fondly from my C++ days, but it
> doesn't make me like our current behavior any better.

You can also make a constructor with a single argument "explicit", and
thereby prevent implicit conversions. So yes, C++ distinguishes
between
explicit, assignment, and implicit casting in a way that is, in broad
strokes, at least as sophisticated as PostgreSQL.

--
Peter Geoghegan       http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/