Re: Last gasp - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Last gasp
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11 April 2012 03:26, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> [ scratches head... ]  That's supposed to be total lines of code in our
> source tree?  What's the big drop in late 2009, then?

I had wondered about that myself - all I can tell you is that I used
the tool as advertised, without any adornments. This particular tool
is a bit misleading, because it counts lines of code as lines of
checked-in text, which can include things that are very verbose
without necessarily being what we really think of as code - it doesn't
make any effort to discriminate against non-code, nor does it expose
the option of doing so. I chose it at short notice simply because it
produces graphs. I do intend to take a look at this problem in more
detail, and get better statistics on changes to our codebase - it's a
tricky proposition, though.