Re: Postgres error when adding new page - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Postgres error when adding new page
Date
List pgsql-general
On 1 October 2012 14:47, Marco Craveiro <marco.craveiro@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Postgres general
>
> We're experiencing a lot of errors when using CDash on PostgreSQL 9.1,
> hosted on Mac OSX 10.6.8. The actual error message is as follows:
>
> SQL error in Cannot insert test:
> utility/asserter/assert_file_returns_true_for_empty_files into the
> database():ERROR:  failed to add old item to the right sibling while
> splitting block 191 of index "crc323"<br>

A call to PageAddItem(), made within _bt_pgaddtup(), is where this
failure seems to ultimately originate from. What we're missing here is
the reason for PageAddItem() returning InvalidOffsetNumber. That is
usually, though not necessarily, separately available within a WARNING
log message, which you haven't included here. Could you please let us
know if there is a WARNING that you didn't include just prior to the
ERROR?

--
Peter Geoghegan       http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/