Re: assertion failure w/extended query protocol - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: assertion failure w/extended query protocol
Date
Re: assertion failure w/extended query protocol  (Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 19 October 2012 17:19, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rushabh Lathia of the EnterpriseDB development team and I have been
> doing some testing of the extended query protocol and have found a
> case where it causes an assertion failure.  Here's how to reproduce:
>
> 1. Apply the attached patch to teach psql how to use the extended
> query protocol.  Compile, install.
>
> 2. Start the modified psql and do this:
>
> \set PROTOCOL extended
> PREPARE stmt as select 1;
> CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE tmptbl AS EXECUTE stmt;
>
> The result is:
>
> TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(qry->commandType != CMD_UTILITY)", File:
> "utility.c", Line: 1516)

I'm reasonably confident that commit
9dbf2b7d75de5af38d087cbe2b1147dd0fd10f0a caused this breakage.

--
Peter Geoghegan       http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/