Re: Streaming Replication Randomly Locking Up - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Berman
Subject Re: Streaming Replication Randomly Locking Up
Date
List pgsql-general
Ok, next time it happens I'll try to do more sleuthing to figure out if that's the issue.  For now, I'm going to try adding --timeout=30 to the rsync command and see if that fixes things.

Thanks again for your help!

Andrew

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 10:12 AM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 1:28 PM, Andrew Berman <rexxe98@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Jeff,
>>
>> Here is the full process list at the time it stopped working (I have changed
>> the actual username, db and IP for security).  Would the idle in transaction
>> process be the culprit?
>
> Most likely, yes.  You should be able to dig into pg_locks to verify.

Actually, you can't.  The waiting doesn't show up in pg_locks, because
it polls in a sleep-loop, rather than doing a normal wait on the lock.

Still, that idle in transaction process is almost surely the culprit.

Cheers,

Jeff