Re: Tomcat7 connection pool with postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Samuel Gendler
Subject Re: Tomcat7 connection pool with postgresql
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 1:09 AM, Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com> wrote:

  root cause
       java.sql.DriverManager.getDriver(DriverManager.java:279)
       org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:1437)
       org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:1371)
       org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:1044)
       org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:102)

I think if you have tomcat instantiate the data source and db driver, the jar file with the driver must be available to tomcat's class loader.  Odds are good that you have the driver packaged up with your webapp, which means it is only available to the webapp's class loader.  Move it to wherever tomcat loads external jar files from (or add it to a classpath environment variable that gets read by the tomcat startup script).  A quickie place to drop it to see if I'm correct is $CATALINA_HOME/lib but I don't think it is recommend that you put it there permanently, since it will be mixed with the jars that ship as part of tomcat in there.