Re: 2 questions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From anj patnaik
Subject Re: 2 questions
Date
List pgsql-general
1) directory listing:

/opt/nfsDir/postgres/9.4/
                                    /bin
                                    /data
                                    /etc
                                   /pgAdmin3

2) The way I am using PG now is that I have specified the directory above as the location to install it (from graphical installer).

Now, it appears that postgres places files in other directories besides the one specified in the installer. For instance, there are scripts in /etc/init.d to start the service.

So in answering my own question: it appears PG places files in other dirs so when I am given a new VM/different physical server with the same NFS mount I would either need to copy these files over or better yet un-install the current PG and re-install from scratch.

Thanks,
ap