Re: BUG #17791: Assert on procarray.c - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Robins Tharakan
Subject Re: BUG #17791: Assert on procarray.c
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On Wed, 15 Feb 2023 at 15:36, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> What range of versions / commits are you testing this workload on?
> Are you testing 11 as well? Because I don't see why we'd have the issue on 12,
> but not 11.

My bad, should have explained this upfront. The tests I run are *always* on
STABLE (or master). IIRC I had encountered an error in v10 / v11 and had
disabled testing those majors. Since currently, I am only testing v12+, this may
exist in previous major versions, just not visible in my testing.

> It might be worth trying to reproduce the issue with a much lower ulimit -S
> -n, to reach the problematic state more quickly. A reproducer would be very
> useful.... Those are indeed not very interesting - although it'd be interesting
> to know what caused the clients to go away.

I am travelling the coming few weeks, but would keep this in mind and revert
once I have something to share.

-
robins