Partitioned Tables vs Vacuum+Reindex - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Edgar Delgado
Subject Partitioned Tables vs Vacuum+Reindex
Date
Re: Partitioned Tables vs Vacuum+Reindex  (Keith Fiske <keith@omniti.com>)
List pgsql-admin
Hello!

I've a question about partitioned tables (never used before).

I got a table with 100gb and data been added and removed all the time so once I week I run vacuum on it, the problem is the vacuum is taking 1 n 1/2 hour to finish.

Only newest data on this table keep been added/removed, data from 2-3 months in the past is only used for historical needs.

If I partition my table will be fast the vacuum process? Can I only vacuum the main partitioned table and the the historical out of the maintenance?

Thanks.
Edgar