Re: [GENERAL] Oracle database into PostgreSQL using Ora2PG tool. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Neil Anderson
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Oracle database into PostgreSQL using Ora2PG tool.
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2 June 2017 at 04:16, PAWAN SHARMA <er.pawanshr0963@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am migrating Oracle database into PostgreSQL using Ora2PG tool.
>
> So, I am facing one issue with trigger after generating script output of
> Oracle database.
>
> Oracle :
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER UPDATE_JOB_HISTORY
>     AFTER UPDATE OF JOB_ID, DEPARTMENT_ID ON EMPLOYEES
>     FOR EACH ROW
> BEGIN
>   add_job_history(:old.employee_id, :old.hire_date, sysdate,
>                   :old.job_id, :old.department_id);
> END;
> /
>
> The script generated by Ora2PG tool.
>
> DROP TRIGGER IF EXISTS update_job_history ON employees CASCADE;
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION trigger_fct_update_job_history() RETURNS trigger
> AS $BODY$
> BEGIN
>   add_job_history(OLD.employee_id, OLD.hire_date, LOCALTIMESTAMP,
>                   OLD.job_id, OLD.department_id);
> RETURN NEW;
> END
> $BODY$
>  LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

The examples here
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/sql-createfunction.html
have a semi colon after 'END', is that the syntax error?

> CREATE TRIGGER update_job_history
> AFTER UPDATE ON employees FOR EACH ROW
> EXECUTE PROCEDURE trigger_fct_update_job_history();
>

> when I try to run the above-generated script it will show below error.
>
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "add_job_history"
> LINE 4:   add_job_history(OLD.employee_id, OLD.hire_date, LOCALTIMES...
>           ^
> NOTICE:  relation "employees" does not exist, skipping

Since this is a NOTICE maybe it's a red herring? the results of a
CREATE IF NOT EXISTS or similar?

--
Neil Anderson
neil@postgrescompare.com