Re: Two pg_rewind patches (auto generate recovery conf and ensureclean shutdown) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Paul Guo
Subject Re: Two pg_rewind patches (auto generate recovery conf and ensureclean shutdown)
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 1:20 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 12:48:52PM +0800, Paul Guo wrote:
> This is a good suggestion also. Will do it.

Please note also that we don't care about recovery.conf since v12 as
recovery parameters are now GUCs.  I would suggest appending those
extra parameters to postgresql.auto.conf, which is what pg_basebackup
does.
Yes, the recovery conf patch in the first email did like this, i.e. writing postgresql.auto.conf & standby.signal