Re: hardcode password in connect string - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: hardcode password in connect string
Date
List pgsql-general
On 15/04/18 12:35, Ricardo Martin Gomez wrote:
Hello David,
I think so, the parameter you need in psql command is -w mipassword.

Sorry, this is not correct. -w causes psql *never* to prompt for a password, and -W forces a password prompt. Neither allows the password to be passed as an argument - I don't think that this is possible with psql.

You're right, that's not possible (as an argument). And it is a security *feature*.

Details here:

  https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/app-psql.html

Ray.

--