Re: BUG #17130: Error while executing request - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: BUG #17130: Error while executing request
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Le mar. 3 août 2021 à 10:48, Erik Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl> a écrit :
On 8/3/21 9:20 AM, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> CREATE SCHEMA "my_schema"
>      CREATE TABLE "my_ids" AS SELECT "a"."n" AS "id" FROM GENERATE_SERIES(1,
> 99) AS "a"("n");

Understandable: you forgot the semicolon after the create schema statement.

Actually, the syntax should be valid. You can add a DDL right after CREATE SCHEMA without a semicolon in between (see the examples on https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/sql-createschema.html). But I fail to explain why it doesn't work here. A workaround would be to add the semicolon as you said, but it should work without.

--
Guillaume.