Re: two dimensional statistics in Postgres - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: two dimensional statistics in Postgres
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

Thank you for your help! I'll try in pgsql-hackers then :-)

Good :)

On 05.11.2014 18:22, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:

Hi,

I'm not sure why you thought a mailing list on an admin tool would be a better fit,

if nothing fits, you just choose anything ;-) My first try was even someone from the German mailing list (that's why the subject of the mail was still German, sorry for that), but after some mail exchange he just suggested to write to a developer mailing list. So I read all the descriptions of the mailing lists and it was like "no -- no -- no --- ...."

I understand the feeling :) It's not easy to choose the good one.

but it definitely is not. Don't worry, this isn't a big issue :-)

Anyway, pgsql-hackers is the list you're looking for.

On the patch you'd like to work on, I'd advise you someone else is working on this. You should read the "WIP: multivariate statistics / proof of concept" thread on the hackers list. I'm pretty sure you could get some help from Tomas.

Patches on this topic are of high interest. If I can be of any help, let me know.

Regards.