Re: Create temporary table in replica instances issues - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Create temporary table in replica instances issues
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

Le jeu. 28 juil. 2022 à 11:12, Saravanan Shanmugam <saravanantvr1984@gmail.com> a écrit :
Hello,

We have AWS RDS with Primary and replica node to balance IO RW for application performance,

In such cases we will be livergaing all read related queries to replica nodes,
sometimes we will create temp tables not physical tables and do some complicated queries .

PG SQL replica node throws Create table not allowed in reader-instance
But this not Physical table its temporary table, in MS-SQL and MYSQL are supporting, Why Pgsql is not supporting??

There's still metadata to write in catalogs (table definition mostly, such as table metadata, columns metadata, etc). These are writes on permanent tables, and those aren't allowed on a replica node.

Please do we have this option to enable or is this a bug??

No option, and not a bug.

--
Guillaume.