Re: Not able to update some rows in a table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marco Fochesato
Subject Re: Not able to update some rows in a table
Date
List pgsql-general

That seems like a remarkably strange definition of a primary key.
Are all of those columns really identification of an object, and
not properties of the object?

In any case, I'll bet a lot of money that your can't-update problem
is related to the fuzzy behavior of floating-point columns.  Just
because a float8 value prints out as "1.2345" doesn't mean that it'll
be considered equal to a value you write as "1.2345".  If this fact
astonishes you, you should likely switch to type numeric.

                        regards, tom lane

Dear Tom, you can bet all your money because you are right.
I drop the table and re-created using numeric instead double precision.
Now everything is ok, I can update every row of the table.
Thank you.

--
Marco Fochesato