Re: Addressing SECURITY DEFINER Function Vulnerabilities in PostgreSQL Extensions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ashutosh Sharma
Subject Re: Addressing SECURITY DEFINER Function Vulnerabilities in PostgreSQL Extensions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Alexander,

On Tue, Jun 11, 2024 at 6:26 PM Alexander Kukushkin <cyberdemn@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 11 Jun 2024 at 14:50, Ashutosh Sharma <ashu.coek88@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> If the author has configured the search_path for any desired function,
>> using this option with the CREATE EXTENSION command will not affect
>> those functions.
>

> Then effectively this feature is useless.
> Now attackers can just set search_path for the current session.
> With this feature they will also be able to influence search_path of not protected functions when they create an
extension.

Apologies for any confusion, but I'm not entirely following your
explanation. Could you kindly provide further clarification?
Additionally, would you mind reviewing the problem description
outlined in the initial email?

--
With Regards,
Ashutosh Sharma.