Re: pg_walinspect - a new extension to get raw WAL data and WAL stats - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ashutosh Sharma
Subject Re: pg_walinspect - a new extension to get raw WAL data and WAL stats
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 11, 2022 at 8:22 AM Kyotaro Horiguchi
<horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:

> - The difference between pg_get_wal_record_info and _records_ other than
> - the number of argument is the former accepts incorrect LSNs.
>
> The discussion is somewhat confused after some twists and turns..  It
> should be something like the following.
>
> pg_get_wal_record_info and pg_get_wal_records_info are almost same
> since the latter can show a single record.  However it is a bit
> annoying to do that. Since, other than it doens't accept same LSNs for
> start and end, it doesn't show a record when there' no record in the
> specfied LSN range.  But I don't think there's no usefulness of the
> behavior.

So, do you want the pg_get_wal_record_info function to be removed as
we can use pg_get_wal_records_info() to achieve what it does?

--
With Regards,
Ashutosh Sharma.