Compatibility modes supported in ECPG - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Ashutosh Sharma
Subject Compatibility modes supported in ECPG
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hi All,

As per the documentation of ecpg, currently we support only two types
of compatibility modes with ecpg and they are 1) INFORMIX and 2)
INFORMIX_SE. However, it does accept any compatibility mode option
that starts with INFORMIX*. For e.g. let us say, if i pass
'INFORMIX_BAD_COMPAT_MODE' as a compatibility mode, it still accepts
it.

[ashu@localhost bin]$ ./ecpg -C INFORMIX_BAD_COMPAT_MODE test_compat_modes.pc
[ashu@localhost bin]$

Shouldn't we throw an error for this, instead of accepting it and
assuming it as INFORMIX_SE mode. Thoughts?

--
With Regards,
Ashutosh Sharma