Re: Upgrade question, going from 8.3 to 9.1... - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Ned Wolpert
Subject Re: Upgrade question, going from 8.3 to 9.1...
Date
Re: Upgrade question, going from 8.3 to 9.1...  (Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
So, the driver issue was only in dealing with UNICODE issues? Is it true that if we are always set with UNICODE client_encoding we should be fine? (Or, another way to put it, we have already tested connection from the existing java apps using the 8.3 driver to the new 9.1 database test instance, and they worked 'just fine' for initial queries... is that where this problem would manifest itself? Only in connecting?) Or was there something else I missed in that thread?