Re: pg_dump incredibly slow dumping a single schema from a large db - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Roest
Subject Re: pg_dump incredibly slow dumping a single schema from a large db
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Re: pg_dump incredibly slow dumping a single schema from a large db  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
I've committed fixes for both these issues.  If you are in a position to
test with 9.1 branch tip from git, it'd be nice to have confirmation
that these patches actually cure your problem.  For both of them, the
issue seems to only show up in a subset of cases, which may explain why
we'd not identified the problem before.

                       regards, tom lane
Cool,
  I've grabbed your changes and it seems to have completely cured the issue.

reading user-defined tables has gone down to 9 seconds from 2.5 minutes
reading dependency data has gone down to 20 seconds from 5.5 minutes.

Thanks so much Tom this is perfect.  I'm just pulling another backup using the stock 9.1.1 pg_dump to ensure the backups are equivalent.

Any idea when 9.1.4 with this change will be out so we can pull the cluster up.

With regards to your previous question about sequences there are 61K in the DB, looks like our schema currently has about 115 sequences per tenant.

--Mike