Re: any way for a transaction to "see" inserts done earlier in the transaction? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Susan Cassidy
Subject Re: any way for a transaction to "see" inserts done earlier in the transaction?
Date
Re: any way for a transaction to "see" inserts done earlier in the transaction?  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
List pgsql-general
Well, it isn't working for me right now.  It can't "see" a row that was inserted earlier in the transaction.  It is a new primary key, and when I SELECT it, it isn't found.

Susan

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Susan Cassidy <susan.cassidy@decisionsciencescorp.com> writes:
> Is there any way to let a transaction "see" the inserts that were done
> earlier in the transaction?

It works that way automatically, as long as you're talking about separate
statements within one transaction.

                        regards, tom lane