Re: walreceiver termination - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Justin King
Subject Re: walreceiver termination
Date
List pgsql-general
I assume it would be related to the following:

LOG:  incorrect resource manager data checksum in record at 2D6/C259AB90

since the walreceiver terminates just after this - but I'm unclear
what precisely this means.  Without digging into the code, I would
guess that it's unable to verify the checksum on the segment it just
received from the master; however, there are multiple replicas here,
so it points to an issue on this client.  However, it happens
everywhere -- we have ~16 replicas across 3 different clusters (on
different versions) and we see this uniformly across them all at
seemingly random times.  Also, just to clarify, this will only happen
on a single replica at a time.