Re: GiST support for inet datatypes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Emre Hasegeli
Subject Re: GiST support for inet datatypes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2014-02-24 17:55, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>:

> pg_upgrade has _never_ modified the old cluster, and I am hesitant to do
> that now.  Can we make the changes in the new cluster, or in pg_dump
> when in binary upgrade mode?

It can be possible to update the new operator class in the new cluster
as not default, before restore. After the restore, pg_upgrade can upgrade
the btree_gist extension and reset the operator class as the default.
pg_upgrade suggests to re-initdb the new cluster if it fails, anyway. Do
you think it is a better solution? I think it will be more complicated
to do in pg_dump when in binary upgrade mode.