Re: postgres_fdw: Handle boolean comparison predicates - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Emre Hasegeli
Subject Re: postgres_fdw: Handle boolean comparison predicates
Date
Re: postgres_fdw: Handle boolean comparison predicates
List pgsql-hackers
> Please add this patch to the commitfest so that it's not forgotten. It
> will be considered as a new feature so will be considered for commit
> after the next commitfest.

I did [1].  You can add yourself as a reviewer.

> I don't understand why we need to complicate the expressions when
> sending those to the foreign nodes. Why do we want to send
> (NOT xyz OR xyz IS NULL) and not as just (xyz IS FALSE).
> The latter is much more readable and less error-prone. That true for
> all the BooleanTest deparsing.

= true/false conditions are normalised.  I thought similar behaviour
would be expected here.

> +EXPLAIN (VERBOSE, COSTS OFF) SELECT * FROM ft1 t1 WHERE (c1 = 100) IS
> TRUE;            -- BooleanTest
>
> Also test a boolean column?

There isn't a boolean column on the test table currently.